Anyone else out there craving cooler weather? We’re finally starting to get some relief from the heat in Arkansas, and we’re ready for it!
That’s why this recipe from Nancy C. got us excited; who doesn’t immediately think “fall!” when they think of caramel apples?! Nancy, you always give us the right recipes right on time. Thank you for sharing this with us!
CARAMEL APPLE DIP
Prep Time: 25 min
Bake Time: none
- 1 (11-ounce) bag of Caramel Bits or caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Optional garnish: 2 tsp. chopped peanuts or toffee bits—or 1 tsp of each
- Sliced apples to serve with the dip
- Add the Caramel Bits or caramels, the sweetened condensed milk, and the butter into a small to medium-size saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth, creamy, and well-blended.
- Pour the caramel dip into a small bowl. If desired, garnish the top of the dip with a sprinkle of chopped nuts and/or toffee bits.
- Serve the dip while still warm with sliced apples. You could also serve with other fruit like sliced pears, sliced bananas, or pineapple chunks. Or even with pretzels.
- Refrigerate any leftover dip for up to two weeks. Tip: heat up leftover dip and use as an ice cream topping!
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of dip.
Let us know if you make this delicious dip! To get the beautiful autumn look above, serve your dip in our new Wood Serving Bowl + Dip Bowl Set, with a Grace & Gratitude Heirloom mug full of tea or cider on the side! If you have lots of guests to serve, set out several small Ramekins on each table.