Our friend Nancy C. is at it again with an easy, yummy recipe that was submitted by Mary & Martha Consultant Ann Watson. We love what Nancy wrote on her blog when posting the recipe; below is an excerpt from her:
“Are you a fan of Chicken & Stuffing? I made it for the first time a few weeks ago. If you’ve ever been intimidated by the thought of making Chicken & Stuffing, I can assure you that this recipe is really super easy and very delicious too! And it doesn’t take long to make if you use pre-cooked chicken.
I made this recipe and took the photo shown above as part of a partnership with Mary & Martha, a company that makes beautiful inspirational products for the home. Here’s a little more about them, from their website:
MARY & MARTHA ARE OUR FOUNDERS. Over 2,000 years ago they began serving in their home. They learned through their experiences that having people in your home isn’t about the act of entertaining, but it is the method by which we invite Guests into our homes to love on them. In fact, the greatest Guest felt so welcomed in their home, He was entertained there many times.
This is where you enter the story. We are inviting you to join us, and see your home transformed. Let us show you how easy it can be. We have created products and tips to give you the confidence that you can have people in your home without it being perfect, complex, or routine, so you can focus on the main thing: the guests that enter into your homes.
Remembering that the focus of hospitality is on our guests sure takes the pressure off of us when we are having people in our home—no more needing to feel like everything has to be perfect. What’s important is making your guests feel welcome and special! Of course, food is usually a part of the hospitality picture, but the food you serve doesn’t have to be complex or time-consuming to make. There’s nothing wrong with keeping things simple!
And that’s why this Easy Chicken & Stuffing Casserole is a great dish to serve when you have guests in your home. Or it’s the perfect meal to make for your family any day of the week! I would even describe this casserole as comfort food and I think you’ll agree after you taste it!”
Chicken & Stuffing Casserole (submitted by Ann Watson)
Download the Recipe Card here!
Prep: 25 minutes (cook chicken in advance)
Cook: 35 minutes
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (10.5-oz) cans Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream (or use half sour cream and half French Onion dip)
- 2 pkgs. Stove Top Turkey or Chicken Stuffing Mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup hot water
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350˚F; have a Mary & Martha Grace & Gratitude™ Casserole Dish ready to layer the recipe ingredients in.
- Place cooked, diced chicken in an even layer on the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread the 2 cans of soup, undiluted, evenly over the chicken.
- Layer the sour cream (or sour cream/French Onion dip) over the soup layer.
- For the top layer, mix the Stove Top Stuffing Mix with the melted butter and hot water until all ingredients are combined. With a large spoon, layer the stuffing mix evenly over the sour cream layer.
- Bake at 350˚F for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, then add some chopped fresh parsley as a garnish, if desired, and served.