We are deep into summer days, aren’t we? Full of swimming, family vacations, and daily adventures! When you’re ready to pack up the kiddos and take them on a lunchtime picnic (even if it’s just in the backyard), this potato salad recipe is a MUST to pair with your sandwiches, chips, and lemonade.
Thanks to our dear friend Nancy C. for creating and photographing this recipe!
Classic Potato Salad
Prep Time: 45 min
Bake Time: none
Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place peeled and cubed potatoes in large saucepan, covering with water (add some salt to the water). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer and cook until potato cubes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and let cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, blending well.
- Add the cubed potatoes, pickle relish, onion, and celery; stir and toss gently until all ingredients are coated with the mayonnaise mixture. Gently stir in the chopped eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. When ready to serve, garnish the potato salad with a sprinkle of paprika.
Note: Make this potato salad in the large Enamelware Salad Bowl – it’s the perfect size! And serve in the smaller matching Enamelware bowls with our Enamelware Salad Server Set for an added touch. Bonus: on the side, set out our Simply Elegant Sugar and Creamer set so your guests can customize their coffee over dessert! These items are August specials, so check them out today!