The most wonderful time of the year is on the horizon, which means decking the halls is on our minds. We can’t wait to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but in the hustle and bustle that often distracts us, a delicious recipe to help us pause is a must.
This beautiful and seasonal quick bread from Nancy C. is just the ticket! Perfect for gifting a neighbor, serving at a gathering, and freezing a loaf for later. Thanks Nancy for the recipe and photos!
CRANBERRY QUICK BREAD
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45-50 mins.
Makes one 8×4″ loaf.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tsp. orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour an 8 x 4″ loaf pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, blend flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix the egg, orange juice, melted butter, and orange extract. Add to the dry ingredients in the large bowl, stirring just until moistened. Fold in the chopped cranberries and stir until evenly distributed in batter.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake at 350˚F for 45 to 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Then slice and serve—you can also serve slices spread with softened butter or cream cheese.
To get the beautiful and cozy look above, bake and serve the cranberry bread in our Fresh Joy Loaf Pan! Use the Oven Mitt from Love Baking Set, and set it all atop of our Table Talk Pizza and Flatbread Board. Those three items are on special this month only, so get yours today!