April always has us on the hunt for special treats. A new season, buds making an appearance, and celebrating Jesus’ resurrection puts us in the mood for anything that looks like joy.
And nothing in the oven looks more like joy than Cadbury chocolate in a blondie. 🎉
Thank you Nancy C. for putting together this delicious recipe! We hope you try it out and enjoy during the Easter season.
Easter Egg Blondies by Nancy C.
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light
- brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. Cadbury Mini Eggs, divided (chop 1 cup of the mini eggs to stir in the batter and keep the rest, almost 1/2 cup, unchopped to use for scattering on top)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8 x 8” baking pan or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large or medium-size bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar, blending well. Then add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing everything well. Next, add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the 1 cup of chopped mini eggs, mixing until evenly distributed in batter. Add batter, spreading evenly, into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes, then remove from oven briefly to scatter and slightly press the remaining mini eggs on top; bake 10 more minutes, until edges are golden and center is set (a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean).
- Cool completely in pan, then cut into squares.
Note: An easy way to “chop” the mini eggs is to put them in a zip top bag and crush into chunky pieces with a rolling pin.