We are so excited to share this recipe today because it comes from one of YOU!
Mary & Martha Executive Consultant Anne Bakker submitted this recipe to us. The best part: it’s her daughter’s creation! We love the idea of spending time together in the kitchen creating this delicious bread as a family (a great way to spend an afternoon when avoiding the summer heat!).
It has a refreshing taste, the lavender bringing a floral touch to the senses and the honey-lemon glaze truly acting as the icing on the cake (…or bread as the case may be 🙂 ).
Thank you, Anne, for submitting Maddison’s delightful recipe!
Lavender Tea Bread by Maddison Bakker
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 45-55 minutes
Ingredients for Tea Bread:
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Honey-Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- A few drops of vanilla
- Zest of one small lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- Optional: a pinch of dried lavender for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Simmer dried lavender and milk in a small saucepan, stirring frequently— remove from heat before it gets to a boil. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat sugar and softened butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Do not over-mix.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternate between adding small amounts of lavender milk and dry ingredients into the sugar mixture. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Let bread cool, then top with glaze.
- To make glaze: in medium size bowl, pour milk over powdered sugar and mix with whisk or fork. Then mix in vanilla, lemon zest, and honey, mixing everything thoroughly.
- Drizzle glaze over bread and, if desired, sprinkle a pinch of dried lavender over the top. Slice and serve with a cup of tea!