As we’re entering the thick of game days, nothing beats a hearty treat to lay out on the coffee table while enjoying sports. The creator of this dish (Nancy C.) advises, “If you happen to have any of this dip left over after your get-together (don’t count on it, though!), you can use your extra dip to top some baked potatoes at your next meal. This makes a great side dish or, if you’re using good-sized baked potatoes, it makes a great meal in itself!”
Loaded Baked Potato Dip by Nancy C.
Prep: 10 minutes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (1-oz) package Ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup real bacon pieces or bits (from a 2.5-oz pkg)
- Optional: salt and pepper to taste, and/or a dash of hot sauce
- For garnish: remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese; 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon each green onion slices and real bacon pieces or bits
- In large bowl, mix sour cream and Ranch dressing mix, blending well.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups of the shredded Cheddar cheese, the sliced green onions, and the bacon pieces or bits. Optional: add salt and pepper to taste or a dash of hot sauce.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving (can also refrigerate overnight).
- Before serving, garnish with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon each green onion slices and real bacon pieces or bits. Serve with wavy potato chips, waffle fries, or pretzels.