Summer is winding down, school is back in session, and — could it be a chill in the air?? It’s the perfect time to make these incredibly flavorful biscuits from our friend Nancy! The tart, grated apple makes these drop biscuits moist and tender. Just right for a September brunch or luncheon, print your free recipe card and text a friend to join you for a warm biscuit (print a copy for her too — she’s going to want the recipe).
Read on for the recipe + styling tips for this unique, delicious, autumn glory recipe!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 20
Makes 12 drop biscuits.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely grated Granny Smith apple, about 1 large
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line a 10 x 15” baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the baking mix, milk, and salt. Then stir in the grated apple, shredded Cheddar cheese, and 1 Tbsp. of the chives, mixing until all ingredients are combined (save the rest of the chives for later).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, about 2” apart on your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits at 400 ̊F for 15 minutes. While baking the biscuits, mix the melted butter and remaining 1 Tbsp. of chopped chives together.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and brush the tops with the butter/chive mixture; then return to the oven to bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until biscuits are golden. Serve warm.