The weather is getting crisp, which means it’s time to break out the slow cooker and find a good chili recipe! This is the perfect meal to come home to after the Friday night football game or serve at a Saturday lunch. The best part: the prep is really simple for a chili recipe (we are all for a “slow cooker” doing the heavy lifting for us!).
Huge thanks again to Nancy, who loves to share her delightful recipes with us!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 3-4 hours or low overnight
Serving: 6-8 servings
- 2 large onions
- 4 heart of celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz package) mild chili seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. granulated or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 (14-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 of a (10-oz) can of Rotel® Tomatoes, mild
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips, diced peaches (for a healthy topping option, substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream).
- Dice and saute the onions, celery, and garlic; set aside. Brown ground beef.
- Add all ingredients into a pan and mix thoroughly. Then place mixture in a slow cooker and cook on low overnight or on medium for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish the chili with toppings of your choice: shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips, diced peaches, etc. Can serve with a side of diced peaches and a hot cinnamon roll. We recommend putting toppings in our Dip Bowls (Set of 3).