Embrace YOUR Place! Your place. Not someone else?s, but yours. You have a unique role to play.
Maybe part of that role involves this company, headquartered in the corner of the Natural state, where fried Twinkies, corn dogs & duelies are just a part of daily life! Yes, right in the middle of the Bible belt, Mary & Martha came to life. And we are committed to embracing our place in the Direct Selling Industry and the Kingdom industry! We are a business and a ministry. Picture two tributaries converging to make a river. There?s no separating those waters. It?s all mixed together. And at Mary & Martha, we are one river (from two tributaries: business & ministry) bringing life to others!
So what is your place at Mary & Martha? Before you answer, check out what Paul says:
“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” -Romans 12:3-8
4 things I have learned so far?
- Do not think more of yourself (Kim Marquette) than you ought. So what ought I think about me? Well, anything good in me is of Him, and the rest is just flesh. I will not boast in anything but Jesus!
- God designed our physical body and the body of Christ with many parts. Equal in worth, but with different functions. This goes for our businesses as well, all the way from your personal business, to your team to the collective M&M.
- I belong to all! Which translates, whatever I am doing it better be for the good of the body of believers, or I ought to just stop it and do something else. This goes for our businesses as well: all the way from your personal business, to your team to the collective M&M.
- We all have different gifts given by God through grace and I need to embrace, rejoice, applaud, spur on, and fan into flame what is already there!
Read Romans 12, as many times as you need, then ask yourselves these questions:
- What has God called you to do? Generally and specifically.
- Is your attitude in check? Palms up in surrender, boasting only in Him?
- Are you playing your role?
- Who can you encourage today?
And by the way?Thank you for being YOU!