With Easter around the corner, we are all for an easy recipe that brings seasonal flare to a delicious treat. We’re obsessed with the recipe Nancy C. made just for us (can you tell our All Creatures Great & Small furry friends are enjoying them too! 😉 ).
Egg Nest Cupcakes by Nancy C.
Download the Recipe Card here!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Serving: 24 cupcakes
- 1 (15-oz) box of your favorite yellow or chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-oz) container ready-made vanilla or chocolate frosting
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, tinted with green food coloring
1 (7-oz) container chocolate sprinklers
- 1 (10 to 13-oz) package of speckled mini robin eggs, mini chocolate eggs, or jelly bean eggs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two muffin pans with 24 paper liners; set aside.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions and spoon batter into the lined muffin pans. Bake as directed. Let cupcakes cool completely after baking.
- When cooled, frost cupcakes with about 1 Tbsp. frosting per cupcake, spreading it thicker in the center.
- Place the tinted green coconut flakes OR chocolate sprinkles in a shallow small bowl. Dip the tops of all the frosted cupcakes into either the coconut flakes or the chocolate sprinkles, then top the center of each cupcake with 3 speckled candy eggs, pushing them slightly into the frosting to help hold their place.
For a great presentation, you can place the cupcakes on our Simply Elegant Dessert Pedestal, available to purchase from your Consultant or right here!