With Spring just around the corner, our thoughts are on hiking and adventuring… and you know what tastes so good while adventuring…?
TRAIL MIX. *insert round of applause*
Not only is this recipe an easy DIY snack mix, but it’s themed just in time for St. Patricks Day. So whether it’s a fun treat to pack in your kids’ lunches, a salty/sweet snack served at a Mary & Martha Shamrock Spectacular party, or a snack for the road as you adventure on, you will love this Shamrock twist on trail mix.
Shamrock Snack Mix by Nancy C.
Prep: 10 minutes
Serving: 16 half-cup servings
- 4 cups Lucky Charms™ cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 (9.6-oz.) package mint dark chocolate M&Ms® candies (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 (7-oz.) package vanilla yogurt-covered raisins (about 1 cup)
- In a large bowl, add the cereal, peanuts, M&Ms®, and vanilla yogurt-covered raisins; mix everything together well.
- Serve this Shamrock Snack Mix in several snack bowls the Simply Elegant™ All-Purpose Bowls are great for this!)or serve in a larger bowl.
- It’s easy to share this yummy snack mix with others! Just package individual portions in treat bags. Tie bags with a green-patterned shamrock, polka dot, or gingham ribbon for a sweet and fun little food gift!