For the past several weeks, we?ve been showing you decoration ideas for the upcoming holidays. And to continue with that theme, we have a few more DIY decorations that may just tickle your fancy this Thanksgiving!
- 1 Mary & Martha Praise Tray
- Pine Cone of varying sizes
- Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 decorative Pumpkins
- Metallic Spray Paint
- Step 1: Using Metallic Spray Paint, spray decorative Pumpkins to obtain desired look and let dry. Note: Real pumpkins can be used; however, decorative Pumpkins bought at your local craft store will last you multiple seasons!
- Step 2: Fill Praise tray with Pine Cones, Cinnamon Sticks and Berries.
- Step 3: Once dry, arrange Pumpkins decoratively in Praise Tray, along with Pine Cones, Cinnamon Sticks, and Berries, until your hearts content!
Sometimes it?s the small things that let your friends and family know you care. Everyone one needs utensils during the Thanksgiving meal. This year, transform your utensils into expressions of Thankfulness!
- Small Wire Nested Basket
- Acts 2:46 Tea Towel
- Desired Utensils ? knife, fork, spoon, etc.
- Decorative Disposable Napkins
- At The Table Place Card Set
- Hole Punch
- Step 1: Wrap Utensils with Decorative, Disposable Napkin. Note: You can use a cloth napkin, but make things simply on yourself and use a Decorative, Disposable Napkin! Less loads of holiday laundry!
- Step 2: Using hole punch, place hole in top right or left corner of At the Table Place Card.
- Step 3: Write messages of Thankfulness on each At The Table Place Card.
- Step 4: String raffia through At The Table Place cards, and tie a bow around napkin and utensils.
- Step 5: Lay Acts 2:46 Tea Towel decoratively in Small Nested Market Basket.
- Step 6: Place wrapped utensils in in Small Market Nested Basket
And then, take one step further and love on your family with place cards and personalized notes of Thankfulness!
Thanksgiving Place Setting
- Cinnamon Sticks (long or short)
- At The Table Place Card Sets
- Step 1: Bind together 5 Cinnamon Sticks (3 on bottom, 2 on top) with Twine.
- Step 2: Write name of Guest and/or personal note on each At the Table Place Card
- Step 3: Slide an At The Table Place Card snugly between top 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Step 4: Place your new Place Card Holder at top of each placemat.
Thanksgiving Place Setting, Version B:
- Decorative Pumpkins
- Metallic Spray Paint
- Painter?s Tape
- Step 1: Wrap bottom-half of Decorative Pumpkins with Painter?s Tape. Note: Make sure the tape is tight to the pumpkin, not allowing paint to go through spaces between tape and your pumpkins.
- Step 2: Spray top of Decorative Pumpkins with Metallic Spray Paint and let dry.
- Step 3: Once the Metallic Spray Paint is dry, remove Painter?s Tape.
- Step 4: Write Guests names on each tag, then tie the tags to the stems of the each Decorative Pumpkin using Raffia.