With the kids wrapping up school, summer is finally here! This time of year is when anything citrus hits the spot. These muffins will be the yummy treat for the family to dig into together to celebrate the start of summer vacation!
(Also, how cute is this paired with our Daughter of the King products?? SO darling).
Orange-Almond Muffins Recipe by Nancy C.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 17-19 minutes
Servings: 19-20 muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Orange Glaze (1 1/3 cups powdered sugar with 2 Tbsp orange juice)
- Optional Toppings: mandarin orange segments, shredded coconut, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 muffin pans with 19-20 paper liners.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, then add in the egg, blending everything well.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, and then add in the sour cream, mixing everything well (batter will be thick).
- Drain mandarin oranges and cut into small chunks. In small bowl, mix orange chunks with the orange extract, orange juice, and orange zest, then stir into batter. Fold in the almonds and mix until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, 2/3 to 3/4 full, and bake at 350˚F for 17-19 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely, then top with Orange Glaze. Optional: top glaze with mandarin orange segments, shredded coconut, or sprinkles.